Carbon Alloy Steel Grades
Texas Alloys offers the following carbon steel grades: A105, A106, A234, 1018, A36, 4140 and A709 available in a variety of shapes.
Sometimes knowing which carbon alloy steel grade is best for your application can be difficult, because they can vary from carbon alloy steel to low-carbon steel to alloy steel. This is why we like to provide a helpful chart that explains what the major differences between the grades are, so that you can choose which grade is best for your materials.
If you are still unsure, or would like additional help regarding the different grades we offer, feel free to contact us today.
Characteristics of Common Carbon Steel Grades We Carry:
- Applicable for machining and welding
- Applications include: petrochemical, manufacturing, nuclear and heating pipelines, refineries, etc.
- Most commonly known for its use to in seamless carbon steel pipes
- Ability to withstand high temperatures
- Widely used in refineries and gas plants
- Commonly used for seamless piping
- Typically used in the following industries: petrochemical, refineries, power plants, etc.
- Low carbon steel
- Easily weldable and adequate machinability
- Used throughout the industrial field for spacers and fixtures
- Does not crack, even in severe bending
- High ductility and strength
- Most commonly used low carbon steel
- Great welding properties
- Applicable for machining, grinding, drilling, etc.
- Utilized in the construction industry and industrial applications include tanks, fixtures, jigs, etc.
- Alloy steel
- Elements include: manganese, molybdenum and chromium
- High ductility and weldability
- Ability to be hardened through cold or heated treating techniques
- Alloy steel
- Commonly used in the construction of bridges
- Must be hardened through cold working techniques
- Highly weldable
- Hot roll sheet
- Cold roll sheet
- Galvanized sheet
- Welded pipe
- Available in black and galvanized
- Structural tube
- Available in square, rectangle, and round
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 800-687-3544